Home Enthronement to the Sacred Heart of Jesus & the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Bring Peace, Joy, and Comfort into your Home and Family.
Enthronement to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary is an excellent and easy way to sanctify, protect, enhance, and preserve your family — thus making it a domestic church where Jesus and Mary are brought more closely into the everyday lives of all the family members.
“This devotion was prompted by the Sacred Heart of Jesus Himself. It renders Jesus our King and the Immaculate Heart of Mary our Queen. When we enthrone the Sacred Heart of Jesus as King and Head of our home we are turning our lives and hearts over to Him, confident that He will bless, guide and protect us always. Our Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary acknowledges her as our spiritual Mother and implores her to extend her mantle of love, comfort and protection over us and to lead us into a deeper relationship with her Son.” (Source: World Apostolate of Fatima, U.S.A. Our Lady’s Blue Army)
Complete the form below to have your home enthroned to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Someone from the Legion of Mary will contact you within two business days to discuss further and make arrangements.
You and your family are encouraged to learn, pray, and prepare your hearts and home for this blessing. Below are suggested ways to begin:
- Watch this video of St. Teresa of Calcutta on the importance of consecrating the home and the family to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Read about and observe the devotions to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary, the Feast of the Sacred Heart after Pentecost, and First Friday and First Saturday observances.
- Prepare for First Friday and the enthronement with a Holy Hour on the First Thursday. The Legion of Mary leads a Holy Hour every first Thursday at St. Vincent Ferrer Church in the Adoration Chapel following the 8:30 a.m. Mass.
- On the day of the scheduled enthronement, make every effort to offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and have the family receive Holy Communion.
- A framed picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary will be provided if needed (image shown below).
- For the enthronement, prepare a throne or altar where the picture of the Two Hearts (framed picture) will be displayed; it is suggested to place a white cloth over the “altar”, light candles, and decorate with fresh flowers.
- Invite friends and family to join your family at the enthronement ceremony. A priest or deacon will conduct the ceremony which will be coordinated by members of the Legion of Mary.
- Continue commemorating this blessing every year with special observances on this day, making it a family holiday for years to come.